Recipes and garden news
Gaby combines her love of travel, gardening, cooking and health to
experiment with healthy recipes and inspire her patients.
Enjoy these two delicious summer salad recipes. Both can be vegan friendly
and are gluten free.
Aunty Pam's quinoa salad with roasted pumpkin and orange
• 1 cup quinoa
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 2 oranges
• 1kg diced pumpkin
• 2 cups rocket
• 2-3 spring onions chopped
• 1/4 cup walnuts roughly chopped
• 200g crumbled feta (optional)
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup balsamic glaze
• 1 can beans (I used cannellini but use whatever you have handy)
Preheat oven to 200C. Place pumpkin, beans, spring onions and wedges of 1 orange into a dish with 2tbls of olive oil and cook in the oven for 20-25
minutes. The pumpkin should be tender and the beans should be crispy.
Bring quinoa, water and juice of 1 orange to boil in a pot then turn down
heat and simmer with the lid on for 10-15 minutes. In a large bowl mix the cooked quinoa, pumpkin mix, walnuts, rocket, feta
and balsamic vinegar and eat.
Mexican style bean, corn and almond salad
• 1 can beans
(this time I used red kidney beans, but again, use whatever you have)
• 2 sweet corn cobs • 1 avocado roughly diced
• 100g almonds roughly chopped
• 200g cherry tomatoes roughly chopped
Boil the sweet corn then slice the kernels off the cob. Discard the cobs and
mix all the ingredients into a bowl.
21 Gordon Grove
0409 358 905
to our monthly newsletter for
latest news and special offers: